Thursday, April 19, 2012

A few firsts

So I did it. I took Sam for his first haircut. The lead-up was a bit bumpy. I had to cancel one appointment at the local Kid's Haircut Emporium because Sam was wailing and exhausted come time to leave the house. It wasn't going to be pretty. We made it there for our rescheduled appointment a few days later. However, it was INSANE in there and, as we walked in, a child was walking out with bubbles of yellow snot trailing down his chin. My germiness denial was shattered and I had to leave.

I called my own hairdresser and left a slightly tearful message and they agreed to do Sam's first haircut. They only made fun of me a little. Here are some pics.

Pre-haircut cuteness.

Mid-haircut cuteness. (He's totally not sure about this whole thing.)

Post-haircut cuteness. 
(The ouch on his face is courtesy of the tapes from his NG tube.) 
That same day, Samuel got to have his first "feed yourself spaghetti" fest. It actually could have been a lot messier. Sam seems to be a bit of a picky eater so letting him get to really *experience* his food is part of the program.

Mm-mmm good.
There was another first this morning that was not caught on tape. Sam rolled his eyes at me. I'm not making this up. I was doing some dorky pretending to eat his toes thing and he gave me this "oh you poor woman" half-smile. And then the eye roll. I am incredibly familiar with this expression so I was unphased. Indeed, it is good to see Samuel meeting these developmental milestones to keep up with his brothers.

5 comments:

  1. Too cute!! Can't believe how big he is getting!

    :-) Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! He suddenly looks so grown up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you all join in to feed yourself spaghetti with your hands? That would be a good photo too!. Sam, I don't know how you do it but you just keep getting cuter and cuter!

    Lisa Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good thing I have never actually met Sam, I may have smooched him to death!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "other" CorinneFriday, April 27, 2012

    Last time our middle guy had his haircut, we went to a "kid" salon for the first time. (Up until then, he'd always gone to my hairdresser.) They "snipped" both (not one, *both*) his ears. Needless to say, the next time, he asked to go back to my hairdresser. Less expensive, less germs, and quieter. And, no snipped ears. Good all around.

    Glad to see Samuel's first was a positive experience! Good for you for trusting your mama instincts... xo

    ReplyDelete